When working with different contractors to set up and manage Google Ads, you may have a question – How do I secure my advertising account so that the new specialist does not leave with my account in oblivion?
To securely transfer access, you should not share your username and password with people you don’t know. Google’s system allows you to grant access with customizable permissions to any other Google account.
Google has a total of 5 types of accesses, but basically, you might need 3 levels:
- Administrator – full access from the account. This user can perform any operations on the account, link the account to other accounts, add new users to the account and make any changes.
- Standard- access is given to your director, marketer and all users who will directly make changes to your ads.
- Read Only – access is granted to specialists to perform account analytics. At this level you can only view the settings of advertising campaigns and statistics, there is no access to balance and payment.
You can see a comparison of all features and accesses on the Google page: https://support.google.com/google-ads/answer/9978556
PROVIDING ACCESS TO GOOGLE ADS ACCOUNT
1. Open your Google Ads account: to do this, go to https://ads.google.com and if you have not yet entered your username and password, enter them to open your advertising account.
If you provide access to a gmail account you can go straight to step #4.
2. In the upper right corner, click on Tools and Settings, and then select Access and Security.
3. Go to the “Security” tab, select “Allowed Domains”, and click the “Add Domain” button. In the item that appears, enter the mail domain address. For example, for email firstname.lastname@example.org – you need to specify the domain diving.marketing.
Next, click on the “Save” button.
4. Click the “Users” tab and in the window that appears, click the “Add” button.
5. In the window that appears, in the E-mail field, enter the e-mail address of the user to whom access is granted.
Select the access level and click on the “Send Invitation” button.
A request letter will be sent to the specified email. The user you grant access to must go to their email and acknowledge receipt. After that, he will already be able to log into your account.